|Course||HLT52015 Diploma of Remedial Massage|
|Location||Level 6, 460 Bourke Street, Melbourne|
|Duration||104 Weeks including term break and public holidays; Minimum Study 20 hours per week|
|Delivery Mode||Face to Face; Online (Due to COVID19 restrictions)|
|Assessment Modes||Combination of written questions, case studies and reports|
|Fees*||$250 Application fee: Non-refundable, Please contact CMI at email@example.com for updated course fees|
|Work Based Component||Nil|
|Work Party Arrangement||Nil|
- Course Info
- Entry Requirements
- Pre-Training Review
- Units of Competency
- RPL & Credit Transfer
- Course Outcome
- Refund Policy
- Attendance and Course Progress
This qualification reflects the role of remedial massage therapists who work with clients presenting with soft tissue dysfunction, musculoskeletal imbalance or restrictions in range of motion (ROM). Practitioners may be self-employed or work within a larger health service. To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 200 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of units of competency.
Training Package Entry requirements: Nil
- All students must of the age of 18 years or over at the time of applying for admission
English language requirements:
- Entry in to this course requires IELTS band score of 5.5 or equivalent (Results should not be older than 2 years)
- Evidence that they have studied in English for at least five years in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, South Africa, United Kingdom or United States
- Evidence that, within two years of their application date, they have successfully completed in Australia a foundation courses or a senior secondary certificate of education or a substantial part of a Certificate IV or higher-level qualification, from the Australian Qualifications Framework.
- Please note: CMI will also accept equivalent test results from the following specified English language tests - TOEFL IBT, PTE Academic, Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) and TOEFL PBT.
- To enter this qualification, applicants should have successfully completed year 12 or secondary studies in applicant’s home country equivalent to Australian senior secondary school examination.
Prior to course commencement, each student is required to complete a Pre-training review and LLN Test. The purpose of this review is to ensure each student is enrolled in and has the capacity to successfully complete their chosen course. Each Pre-training review and LLN is specifically targeted at the appropriate AQF level of the course.
Total number of units = 21
16 core units plus 5 elective units
|CHCCOM006||Establish and manage client relationships|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|CHCLEG003||Manage legal and ethical compliance|
|CHCPRP003||Reflect on and improve own professional practice|
|CHCPRP005||Engage with health professionals and the health system|
|HLTAAP003||Analyse and respond to client health information|
|HLTAID003||Provide first aid|
|HLTINF004||Manage the prevention and control of infection|
|HLTMSG001||Develop massage practice|
|HLTMSG002||Assess client massage needs|
|HLTMSG003||Perform remedial massage musculoskeletal assessments|
|HLTMSG004||Provide massage treatments|
|HLTMSG005||Provide remedial massage treatments|
|HLTMSG006||Adapt remedial massage practice to meet specific needs|
|HLTMSG008||Monitor and evaluate remedial massage treatments|
|HLTWHS004||Manage work health and safety|
|BSBSMB403||Market the small business|
|BSBSMB404||Undertake small business planning|
|BSBSMB405||Monitor and manage small business operations|
|BSBSMB406||Manage small business finances|
|HLTAAP002||Confirm Physical Health Status|
Recognition of prior learning (RPL), is an assessment process for giving candidates credit for skills, knowledge and experience gained through working and learning. It can be gained through formal and informal learning, in Australia or overseas.
Course credit is provided to students for previously completed units of competency, where these are evidenced by:
- AQF Certification issued by another RTO or
- Authenticated VET Transcripts
To apply for RPL and credit transfer please contact, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deferment, Suspension, Cancellation of Course:
For information regarding Deferment, Suspension, Cancellation of study, please refer to our website or contact us at email@example.com
CMI does not have any 3rd party arrangement for delivery of this course.